Factoring Methods

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39353] Factoring Methods
  • From: "flip" <flip_alpha at safebunch.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:53:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

does anyone know where I may be able to get Mathematica code for factoring methods
(I know about FactorInteger of course), but am interesting in simple
factoring (like trial division), Fermat's Factoring Methods, Pollards'
methods, all the way up to the sophisticated elliptic type methods?

I am curious more than than anything and would like to explore/experiment
with these algorithms.

I have the four wonderful books Knuth, Riesel, Cohen and Pomerance/Crandall
and they have most of these algorithms.  I also have the book by
Bressoud/Wagon (computation number theory).

I tried MathSource, but no luck.

Thank you for any inputs.

Flip

Remove "_alpha" to email me directly