Re: Input output disappear

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39384] Re: [mg39312] Input output disappear
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:53:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 03:40 AM 2/11/2003, Paulom wrote:
>Why when I save a notebook, the input output disappears? Is there any way
>to correct this?
>

>Paulo

This is due to a front end option, CellLabelAutoDelete. By default, it is
set to True. If you leave the cell labels in a nb, it's hard to determine
if a cell was evaluated in the current session or a previous session.

You can set this option for the notebook. Open the option inspector. Change
the "scope"/"set option values for" to notebook. And change Cell
Options->Cell Labels->CellLabelAutoDelete to False.

Also, there are some stylesheets that already have this setting:
ArticleClassic, ArticleModern, HelpBrowser, TextBook, and TutorialBook. I
think the rationale is that these are for publishing.

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com