Animation to QuickTime Movie? (EMERGENCY)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39477] Animation to QuickTime Movie? (EMERGENCY)
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:17:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm creating some simple Mathematica animations by using a Do[] loop to
create 20 successive Plot[]s, which I need to convert to QuickTime
movies (on a Mac iBook, Mathematica 4.2, OS 9.2)..

Selecting the Graphics cells and using the menu commands "Edit>>Save As
QuickTime" or "Save Selection as QuickTime" produces QuickTime movies,
and these play just fine in the QuickTime Player-- except only about the
upper left 25% of each plot appears in the QuickTime player window.

Changing the Plot sizes using ImageSize doesn't seem to change this, nor
does stretching the QuickTime window; and I haven't found any settable
options or prefs in either Mathematica or QT Player which seem to do anything to
fix this, nor any helpful information in their documentation.

What do I need to do?

(Email replies much appreciated; I'm up against a tight deadline in
getting this done.)

(My eventual goal is to link to the movie from an Adobe Acrobat 5.0
document, if that makes any difference.)

--
"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)