series expansions in two variables problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39504] series expansions in two variables problem
  • From: mc799 at ic.ac.uk (Martin)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:13:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hi,
I'm expanding an expression in two variables (sigma and epsilon, say),
but am having trouble persuading Mathematica to chuck away terms of
form epsilon*sigma.

ie I'm getting

A + B*sigma + C*epsilon + D*sigma*epsilon + O(sigma^2) + O(epsilon^2)

and I'd like very much to lose the D terms.

does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin