MathKernel access Internet?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39565] MathKernel access Internet?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murraye at attbi.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 05:01:02 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Should MathKernel in Mathematica 4.2.1 be attempting to access the Internet? Whenever I start the kernel, my software firewall ZoneAlarm Pro reports that MathKernel.exe is trying to access IP 220.127.116.11:DNS. This is a single-user installation (not one running against license manager on a network) running under Windows XP. -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H) University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) 710 North Pleasant Street Amherst, MA 01375