Re: Programing in MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39577] Re: Programing in MATHEMATICA
  • From: Marc Heusser <marc.heusser at CHEERSheusser.comMERCIALSPAMMERS.invalid>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:10:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>       NATIONAL AEROSPACE LAB,
>       BANGALORE,  INDIA
>
> I am a  user of MATHEMATICA , can somebody help me
> with information regarding "Programing in
> MATHEMATICA".Does MATHEMATICA have programing
> structures like asubroutine of FORTRAN or functions of
> C language? I looked the entire MATHEMATICA BOOK
> version 4 and found no mention about these things.
>   Also Iwould like to know how to execute a Wole
> notebook when it is opened.
>
> Thanks in advance

Search your local library for "Programming in Mathematica", Roman Maeder
I do not know whether there is a newer version for Mathematica Version
4, but it should get you started well on the subject.

Marc

(BTW: It does have quite a few programming constructs, its most basic
one is rules and pattern matching, but functional, sequential, object
oriented (argueably) are all present).

--
Marc Heusser
remove the obvious CHEERS and MERCIAL... from the reply address