Re: MathKernel access Internet?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39627] Re: [mg39565] MathKernel access Internet?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murraye at attbi.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:43:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I did a Lookup on the IP address, and it's my ISP's (attbi.com -- now
merged with Comcast).

Mathematica still seems to work normally even if I just deny the
permission manually when ZoneAlarm pops up with the query whether to
allow the access.

Naturally, I wondered whether some rogue program had somehow worked its
way into Mathematica!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
710 North Pleasant Street