stats

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39634] stats
  • From: Marc Noël <marc.noel at skynet.be>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:27:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi group

 I'm new and need statistical advise

 I would like to know if any one has written a small app that allows
to tell mathemetica to look ar a set of data and output an answer like
"with a degree of confidence of X% this data can be considered as
normaly or log normaly or student, ... distributed.
 If not, can anybody tell me how to use the tools available to acheive
that kind of result.
 In principle
 I think one should first look at the data distribution
 than compare it to a standard (normal, log normal, ...) distribution
 and perform a test of significance of that difference.
 my problem is (if this principle is correct) how to use the various
Mathematica functions to achieve that.

 thanks in advance

 Marc