Re: successive over relaxation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38775] Re: [mg38764] successive over relaxation
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 04:33:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mike,

I doubt you'll find what you're looking for. I recently spent some time
trying to concoct an efficient Gauss-Seidel-SOR program in Mathematica
and left it before getting anything I was happy with. There are inherent
difficulties, I think. However, I believe it's an very interesting
problem to find the "best" way of implementing SOR in Mathematica.

----
Selwyn Hollis