Re: RE: RE: Multiplelistplot question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38787] Re: [mg38770] RE: [mg38759] RE: [mg38746] Multiplelistplot question
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:17:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The trick to writing an ErrorBarFunction is that you write the function for
the most general form:

ErrorBar[{xneg_, xpos_}, {yneg_, ypos_}]

All other forms of ErrorBars are converted to this form before applying the
ErrorBarFunction. If you write a function for one of the other forms, then
you will get errors. So instead you want the function,

myerrorbar[{x_, y_}, ErrorBar[{0, 0}, {yminus_, yplus_}]] :=
     {Red, Line[{{x, y + yminus}, {x, y + yplus}}]}

or more generally

myerrorbar[{x_, y_}, ErrorBar[{xminus_, xplus_}, {yminus_, yplus_}]] :=
     {Red, Line[{{x, y + yminus}, {x, y + yplus}}], Line[{{x + xminus, y},
{x + xplus, y}}]}

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com