Re: Animation: sphere filling with water

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38839] Re: [mg38811] Animation: sphere filling with water
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:21:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jenni,

I made some similar animations for draining tanks, which you can see
here:

http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis/DEmovies

I know you'd like to do it yourself, so I'll just say that the
Mathematica tools you need are WireFrame, Sphere, SurfaceOfRevolution,
TranslateShape, and Helix. (Helix can give you the top surface of the
water.)

Good luck...  :-)

----
Selwyn Hollis