Toolbar palette

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38910] Toolbar palette
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:38:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

In a fit of inspiration/boredom, I just made a palette that some of you
might like. The buttons on it are as follows:

Clear All  -- executes ClearAll["Global`*"]

Remove All  -- executes Remove["Global`*"]

Quiet Spell Warnings -- executes Off[General::spell, General::spell1]
(By the way, why the heck are there two kinds of spell messages?)

Conserve Memory -- executes $HistoryLength=10 and Share[]

Unshadow  -- executes a version of Ulrich Jentschura's unshadowing
function

Load Graphics Packages -- executes <<Graphics`

Load Stat Packages  -- executes <<Statistics`

and finally...

Kern Text  -- this scans the current notebook and in each text cell
replaces fi and fl with ligatures and puts thin negative spaces between
pairs of letters such as ff, To, Vo, We, and so on. (ff should be a
ligature too, but for some reason I couldn't convince Mathematica of
its existence.)

If you're interested, download the palette here:
http://www.appliedsymbols.com/Toolbar.nb . I'll appreciate any
suggestions about additional buttons that would fit in.

Cheers,

Selwyn Hollis