perturbing a constant in Para plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38966] perturbing a constant in Para plots
  • From: "Narasimham G.L." <google.news.invalid at web2news.net>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:03:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>How to perturb the constant f in parametric plots?

> Preferably, I don't press everthing into one line:
> f = 1;
> Now, as f has a certain value, we must block it off, when
  defining xy:

  Block[{f}, xy = {2 f Sin[t]^2, Sinh[f t] + f Log[t]}]
  ParametricPlot[
  Evaluate[Block[{f = #}, xy] & /@ {.5, 1, 1.5}], {t, 0, 3}]

Actually got earlier some plot by ParamaeterPlot3D where [ x,y,z=0] =
F(f,t) where f,t, are parameters and chose a vertically up View point,
but this one gives a better flat plot by perturbation rather than taking
special 3D case that I really wanted and thank you for this.