TeXForm for Plot command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39104] TeXForm for Plot command
  • From: "Jochen Raedler" <jochen at ez-dsp.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:38:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, all!

I'm student and using mathematica 4.0.
At the moment I have to write a report for my university. I want to use
LaTeX to write this document. Since I do a lot of calculations with
mathematica I use the TexForm[...] (//HoldForm) command to get a latex
output. I just have to copy/paste the output; it works quite well.
But then I wanted to include some plots from mathematica in my latex
document. If I apply it to Plot[...]: e.g.: "TeXForm[Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi,
Pi}]]" I get a strange outputs.

Is it possible to get a LaTeX package, which compiles these instructions? Or
is this output just nonsense? Are there other possibilities than using "copy
as bitmap" to get my plot into the latex document?

Perhaps anyone had similar problems or knows a useful link.

Thanks,
Jochen