Text scaling in graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39145] Text scaling in graphics
  • From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at materials-sciences.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:37:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to import an eps line drawing with text labels into a notebook
document. The Import function works fine, except that the default graphics
mode for Mathematica is to keep text size constant when a figure is rescaled in the
notebook. This always puts the labels out-of-place. Is there any way to
suppress this mode, and have the graphics maintain the same scaling between
text and lines. I'm so close to exactly what I want (infinite resolution,
device independence, ect), that's it frustrating to have to import
multi-megabyte raster images just to get the labels correct.
Import also seems to ignore the font-family information of the original
file, but I have a couple of options for dealing with that. For one, I can
edit the eps information in the cell.
Gerry F.