Data preparation and statistics question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41741] Data preparation and statistics question
  • From: Moranresearch at aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:13:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a set of data l1={xj,yj,zj} where {j,1,n}
I would like to group the data into a uniform "grid" comprised of "cells".
The dimension of a cell would be x_increment by y_increment.
The center of the cell would be (x + x_increment/2,y + y_increment/2}
The z value would be the Mean of all z values falling within that cell.
Once I have this  "conditioned" data I wish to do a multiple regression of
mean z of cells against x,y values of the center of the cells. Thank you.