Re: MathReader4.2-Mac OS X misrepresents notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41766] Re: [mg41728] MathReader4.2-Mac OS X misrepresents notebooks
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:34:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sounds like there's a problem with the Math fonts. These fonts changed
between 4.1 and 4.2. You could try downloading the new fonts.

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/macintosh/general/latestfonts.html

At 06:13 AM 6/3/2003, Peter Paul Sint wrote:
>MathReader 4.2   --- Mac OS X (10.2.6)
>    does not read Notebooks correctly
>
>I received a number of Notebooks which seem o.k, to read on Mathematica
>4.0 on Mac OS 9 (may be after conversion).
>As I do not have this on my personal MacOS X, I installed MathReader
>(4.2). This shows the nb inadequately. Probably some fonts are missing
>(which MR does nor install?)
>Is this usual? Which fonts are missing or ar not found by the
>application (also after restart)?
>And where to find them if they need to be installed?
>
>I could send the notebooks if you provide an email address.
>
>I am not sure if this cell helps to answer my question:
>
>Kronecker delta functionWe start by defining the Kronecker delta
>function. We will use it to input the matrix elements of the raising and
>lowering
>operators.\[Delta][n_,n_]:=1\[Delta][n_?IntegerQ,m_?IntegerQ]:=0The
>tests with IntegerQ leave \[Delta][m, n] unevaluated when m and n remain
>unspecified for symbolic computing:{\[Delta][1,1],
>\[Delta][2,3],\[Delta][m,n]}{1,0,\[Delta][m,n]}We can then substitute
>for m and n later on:%/.m\[Rule]n{1,0,1}This is just a compact version
>of the built-in function KroneckerDelta.
>

>The first Delta shows as
>    dBn_, n:F := 1
>dBn_? IntegerQ, m? IntegerQF := 0

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com