RE: Quick "Random[]" question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41846] RE: [mg41831] Quick "Random[]" question
  • From: "SEPULVEDA,ARIEL (HP-PuertoRico,ex1)" <ariel.sepulveda at hp.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 00:08:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Based on the definition of a probability density function you should never
have exact values in the realization of the random variable.  Thus, if it is
possible to get a 1 (without the point, i.e of infinite precision) or a 0,
then there is a small problem with the function.  In other words, trusting
Mathematica, I expect that you will never get those values.  I'll be waiting
for responses to your question.

Ariel Sepúlveda-Cuevas
Quality Department, HP-PRMO
PO Box 4048