Re: Learning to work with non-commutative oscillators

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41887] Re: Learning to work with non-commutative oscillators
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <luttrell at _removemefirst_westmal.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 06:45:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Further to my previous posting:

I should have mentioned that if you use OpProd[x:A...,y:B...]:=x y; to
"clean up" the result, then you get the right answer only if Mathematica's
lexcographical ordering of the operators is the same as the normal ordering
of the operators that you seek, otherwise Mathematica will muck up the
ordering in the final output.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK