Wolfram Research Page

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41922] Wolfram Research Page
  • From: apramprasath at yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:46:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A link to this Wolfram Research web page was sent to you by
Ram Prasad <apramprasath at yahoo.com>:

Title: http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1999/May/msg00187.html

Personal message:
Hello,
 I am trying to plot the phase portraits for the simple spring mass system. I was hoping to see a circle or an ellipse. I do get one, if I plot it for one cycle. But the portrait gets messy if I plot it for more than one time period. It seems as though it is straying away from the path. Isn't it suposed to round and round the same circle?. What is the problem here and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ram