Re: help with 3D scatter plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41930] Re: help with 3D scatter plot
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:47:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

data = Table[(xx = 2*Random[]; yy = 2*Random[]; {xx, yy, Sin[xx*yy]}),
{100}];

fitfun = Chop[Fit[data, {1, x, y, x*y}, {x, y}]];

Block[{$DisplayFunction = Identity},
  g1 = Plot3D[Evaluate[fitfun], {x, 0, 2}, {y, 0, 2}];
  g2 = Graphics3D[{
           {AbsolutePointSize[4], Point /@ data},
          Line[{Append[Take[#, 2], 0], #}] & /@ data}
      ];