remote display of mathematica error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42003] remote display of mathematica error
  • From: Claudia <claudia.villano at yale.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:57:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

We get the following error when trying to display
mathematica remotely.  Any ideas?

_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for localhost
Segmentation fault

We have no trouble displaying other linux X11 applications.

I've searched Wolfram's technical faqs without luck. The
OS is Redhat linux 9 and Mathematica is v4.2.1.

Any help is appreciated.  If there is a better group
to send this message to, please let me know.

-Claudia