Re: ack! simple partitioning problem making my head swim....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42084] Re: [mg42050] ack! simple partitioning problem making my head swim....
  • From: Bobby Treat <drmajorbob-MathGroup3528 at mailblocks.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:11:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The two lists represent matrices that can be multiplied, if and only if
the two lengths have a common integer factor.  That factor would be the
number of columns of the first matrix, the number of rows of the second.

Since the common factor can be 1, the answer is that two lists ALWAYS
represent matrices that can be multiplied.

Bobby