Re: Exporting animation into power point

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42091] Re: Exporting animation into power point
  • From: Yves Klett <yk at despammed.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 03:58:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Student schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> How can I export a Mathematica animation so that it can be displayed by
> Power Point? I only know how to export animated GIF but Power Point will
> not accept them. I'm not using a Macintosh so there is no Quick time issue.
>
> Thanks!

Hi, I had the same problem

from Powerpoint 2000 on animated gifs will play during your
presentation. But these play automatically, and I tend to loose a lot of
frames while playing anyway.

You can convert your animated gif into an avi-file though (I think
PPT2000 does something like this anyway on the fly - hence the loss of
frames). You get huge files, but it works quite well. There is software
to do this conversion, for example GIF construction set pro at
http://www.mindworkshop.com/ (and others, I´m sure).

Good luck
Yves