Re: Trouble customizing 2D plots in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42136] Re: [mg42121] Trouble customizing 2D plots in Mathematica
  • From: Kevin Gross <kc144 at woh.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:57:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Actually, my reason for placing it above
the axis is due to a limitation in Mathematica on non-Windows computers
(I work on a Mac PowerBook), namely rotated text isn't rotated and
looks terrible.  While I can export the graphic as an EPS file and the
text will appear correctly, I'm trying to make a quicktime movie from a
sequence of graphics.  Unfortunately, the export to quicktime is
susceptible to this text-rotation bug.

This begs another question: can anyone explain why rotated text on the
Mac OS X platform is garbled?

Thanks,

Kevin
--