Please help me to solve a PDE's system

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42151] Please help me to solve a PDE's system
  • From: "Ciuca Marian George" <mgciuca at univ-ovidius.ro>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:49:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    I want to find u:R^2->R which is the solution of the following system:

D[u[x,y],x] = 2 x

D[u[x,y],y] = 2 y

    It is very easy to see that the solution, in this case is u(x,y)=x^2 + y^2 + k,
where k is a real constant.

Generally speaking, i have a more important system to solve but even for
this system i could not find the solution using Mathematica.

Thank you in advance,
George.