Re: Derivative of a List

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42298] Re: Derivative of a List
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:31:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 6/26/03 at 5:36 AM, akpovo at cennas.nhmfl.gov (ch akpovo) wrote:

> I created a two columns table from experimental data say v (t) and would
> like to compute the derivatives. How do I proceed.

If the data points were measured on uniform intervals you could  use Fourier transform methods as described in The Mathematica Journal Vol 8.3 pp 383-387. Alternatively, you could use Interpolation to construct an interpolating function and take the derivative of that. Note, before using Interpolation you will want to smooth the data in some way.