Re: how use NDSolve with an ODE having parameters

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39707] Re: [mg39691] how use NDSolve with an ODE having parameters
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 04:25:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Murray,

I can't get NonlinearRegress to work either, but using FindMinimum on
the least squares error seems to work. Here's the general idea:

model[x_, a_,  b_] := (y /. First@NDSolve[{ your DE, y[0] == initval},
y, {t, 0, 2}])[x]

LSE[a_, b_] := Sum[(data[[i, 2]] - model[data[[i, 1]], a, b])^2, {i,
Length[data]}]

FindMinimum[LSE[a, b],  {a, a1, a2},  {b, b1, b2}]

---
Selwyn Hollis