Help with FindRoot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39830] Help with FindRoot
  • From: "Stefano Fricano" <fricano at fisica.unipa.it>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 02:48:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear friend,

I've problem with FindRoot[lhs==rhs, {x, x0}] .
The description of the function in Help suggest that,
if lhs and rhs are real then x will be real;
if lhs and/or rhs are complex the x likely will be complex;
if lhs and rhs are real but you want also x be complex then you
need to add "+0.I" to lhs or rhs.
My problem is that lhs is complex, rhs is real and I want only real
solutions for x.
How can I do it? How say to Mathematica to look for only real solution?

Thanks

This email has been scanned by RAV antivirus on server dsfa.fisica.unipa.it