Re: Solving a system of Inequalities

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39863] Re: [mg39764] Solving a system of Inequalities
  • From: "Christina Chan" <slash_jam at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 05:27:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The problem I am working on involves 28 variables in 192 inequalities.
I tried a simpler problem (one that involves 6 variables and 16 inequalities)
using InequalitySolve and it gave me a solution that was very difficult to
comprehend. The sample problem is solving {a,b,c,d,e,f,g}, from
c0,
b0,
a0,
a+b+c+4g2d+2e+2f,
2eb,
2ec
a+2eb+c,
a+4g2d+2f,
2fa,
b+2fa+c,
2fc,
b+4g2d+2e,
c+2da+b,
2da,
2db,
c+4g2e+ef

Solving the set of inequatlities by hand allows us to express all variables with dependence on g. Is there a way Mathematica can do that?

Christina