Re: debug compiled function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39905] Re: [mg39735] debug compiled function
  • From: "Y.A.Tesiram" <yas at pcomm.hfi.unimelb.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 02:36:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
There is no easy way to debug a compiled function. And the messages are
almost worthless.
I normally comment out say a major portion of the code and then I proceed
by uncommenting major steps in the algorithm, step by step, until the
error is thrown. You can narrow things down pretty quickly in this
fashion provided your code isn't hundreds and hundreds of lines long.

All the best.
Yas