Re: Calling Install[] from packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39942] Re: Calling Install[] from packages
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Lawrence A. Walker Jr." wrote:

Hi,

before you install the link, look in Links[] if the
program is already installed. Here is an example
my digital image processing tools need a MathLink program
dip32.exe, it is somewhere in the $Path, in the
DigitalImages/Binaries/$SystemID folder and on all machines
it has the name dip32.exe (SGI, Linux, Windows, MacOS X)

$mlbinpath = {"DigitalImages", "Binaries", $SystemID};
$mlbinary = "dip32.exe"

$diplink=FileNames[$mlbinary, ToFileName[Prepend[$mlbinpath, #]] & /@
$Path]
dip::nolink="Can't find \"dip32.exe\". Some functions may not work.";

(* if dip32.exe is not in Links[] *)
If[!(Or @@ (StringMatchQ[First[#], "*dip32.exe"] & /@ Links[])), (*
Than  try to Intall[] it *)
  If[{}===$diplink, (* no dip32 at all *)
    Message[dip::nolink], (* else install the ML program *)
    $dipLink=Install[First[$diplink]]
  ]
 ]

Regards