Re: My students and I need your help...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40000] Re: My students and I need your help...
  • From: "flip" <flip_alpha at safebunch.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:46:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"BobStryde" <robertstryde at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:b4pfsg$bvq$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello, my name is Robert Stryde and I am a teacher at the Royal School
> for the Deaf Derby in the United Kingdom. In our mission to excel
> learning for these underprivileged students we have discovered the
> advantages of introducing computer programming into their lives.
> Computer programming opens a new pathway of communication between each
> individual student and their teachers, allowing classes to be more
> productive and more importantly fun. Recently the school has invested
> in Mathematica applications throughout the school and the positive
> response has been incredible.
>
> One of my on going goals is to introduce fun and diverse aspects to my
> teachings and currently I would like to show my classes that games can
> be created and played using Mathematica. Unfortunately most of the
> teachers here, like their students, have only just learned how to use
> Mathematica. Hence the reason I am writing this e-mail. I have
> stumbled on your site and am wondering if you could lend a helping
> hand. I am looking to get my hands on 4-5 ready made Mathematica
> programmed games. Nothing too complicated of course, so that I too
> could learn by example, but interesting enough to show the depth of
> Mathematica.
>
> If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is just to
> point me in the right direction on where to seek help. Thank you so
> much for your time, and please e-mail me directly.
>

> Awaiting your response,
>
> Robert Stryde
> robertstryde at hotmail.com
>
> P.S. Please visit our Web Site at www.rsd-derby.org. I teach the
> further education program that unfortunately has not yet been added to
> the site.

Hello,

a noble goal!

I found these examples (don't know how good or bad they are, but give them a
look, they are in no particular order, but 1 and 6, 7 seem most useful).

1.  http://www.qc.edu/~cowen/

2.  http://coweb.math.gatech.edu/linear/421

3.  Mathematica Games: Towers of Power: A Potent Paradox

4.
http://www.scientific-solutions.ch/tech/mathematica/products/mma/experience/

5.  http://mba.vanderbilt.edu/luke.froeb/mathserv/

6.  http://www.mathpuzzle.com/