Re: How to apply one plot range to another plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40030] Re: How to apply one plot range to another plot?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 02:47:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <b4ubj5$qla$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Nigel King <king at dircon.co.uk>
wrote:

> > I am merging several listplots (ListPlot[...]) into one graph. In
> > addition, I am plotting some function (Plot[...]) on the same graph.
> > How could I keep the automatic axis settings connected only to the
> > listplots? Therefore, the range of the function plot would be
> > determined by the listplots without always going back and changing the
> > range of the function plot when I add/change the underlying data of
> > the lisplots.

The DisplayTogether[] command is worth knowing about.

Also, instead of relying on automatic settings, you might think about
defining variables xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax that you define at the time
you create the ListPlot lists and that go into the PlotRange settings.

--
"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)