RE: RE: How to apply one plot range to another plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40054] RE: [mg40024] RE: [mg40001] How to apply one plot range to another plot?
  • From: "Wolf, Hartmut" <Hartmut.Wolf at t-systems.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:35:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Akos,

perhaps this example might help you:

SeedRandom[1]

r0 = 10;

ll = {l1, l2, l3} =
      Table[(r = r0 + Random[Real, {-3, 3}];
          Table[{r += Random[Real, {0, .25}],
              Sin[r] + Random[Real, {-.25, .25}]}, {50}]), {3}];

<< "Graphics`MultipleListPlot`"

listp = MultipleListPlot[ll, SymbolShape -> PlotSymbol[Box, Filled ->
False],
    SymbolStyle -> {Hue[1/2], Hue[2/3], Hue[3/4]},
    PlotStyle -> PointSize[0.01]]

rng = First[FullOptions[listp, PlotRange]]

funp = Plot[Sin[t], Evaluate[Prepend[rng, t]], PlotStyle -> {GrayLevel[.5]},

    DisplayFunction -> Identity]

Show[listp, funp]

--
Hartmu Wolf