Re: Cell grouping rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40208] Re: Cell grouping rules
  • From: rolf at mertig.com (Rolf Mertig)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:51:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Oliver Friedrich <oliver.friedrich at tzm.de> wrote in message news:<b5p01s$7q9$1 at smc.vnet.net>...
> Hallo,
>
> I have a cell containing an expression. Evaluating this produces some
> graphical output for an animation. After evaluation my cell grouping is
> (expression,graphic,graphic,...). But I want to have it like (expression)
> (graphic,graphic,...). So the expression and the output are not grouped
> together.
> I found out, that there are options dealing with grouping cells, but how is
> it working exactly. There's an option called "CellGroupingRules" which
> points to something like a style ("GraphicsGrouping,...). Where are these
> styles defined and how can I define my own ones.
>
> Thank you
>
> Oliver Friedrich
You could either change the option default
CellGroupingRules->"InputGrouping"
of the StyleData["Input"] in the Default.nb "stylesheet", or, since
this is not really
portable, you could do (for not too big notebooks):
$Pre = (SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, Notebook];
      NotebookWrite[EvaluationNotebook[],
   NotebookGet[EvaluationNotebook[]] /. Cell[a_, "Input", b___] :>
     Cell[a, "Input",
              Sequence @@
                Append[Union[{b}],
                  CellGroupingRules -> "NormalGrouping"]]]; #) &;

or, you modify my posting
http://www.mathematica.ch/dmug-archive/2003/msg00084.html
which is also kind of a grouping.

Hopefully a future version of Mathematica will have complete dynamic
style property manipulation through the kernel, maybe with  "session
beans" like in Java.

Rolf Mertig
Mertig Consulting
http://www.mertig.com