Mathematica and JLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41095] Mathematica and JLink
  • From: solex <solex at nowhere.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 03:59:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Pardon me for my ignornace but I am helping some one with a java
interface and mathematica, I am not familiar with mathematica but am
having a problem.

We have written a small Java Interface that retrieves values from a
user.  The Java Interface is written entirely in java and is called
inside of Mathematica.  Mathematica listens to the "OK" button event, in
doing so it sets up some internal variables from the java interface and
then runs the mathematica solution.

If the user decides to run the solution again by selecting different
values from the Java interface and then presses the OK button we are
noticing that Mathematica is making the internal variables multivalued
and keeps the orginal values.  Why are the variables now multivalued or
am I missing something?

Again excuse me if this is not clear.

Thanks,
Dan