WebMathematica and the Palm handheld

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41141] WebMathematica and the Palm handheld
  • From: "Jonathan Mann" <mtheory at msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 02:43:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My salutations to the group.

Has anyone here had the chance to work with WebMathematica using a
wireless Palm platform as the interface?  I move around a lot at work
and I would like to start taking Mathematica's power with me.  To this
end, I am looking into what sites are out there already providing use of
Mathematica on a subscription or a "per use" basis (eg calc101.com), but
I have not yet found a site that offers all of Mathematica's
functionality.
There is actually an example of such a use on the WRI site at
http://www.wolfram.com/products/webmathematica/uses/wireless.html

I'm trying to avoid purchasing WebMathematica and a server just to
accommodate my mobile fantasies.

The other thing that I have thought about is (though I don't believe
WebMathematica uses notebooks), it sure would be nice to be able to at
least view notebooks I'm currently working on using a wireless Palm.
BTW, the new Palms that came out just a few days ago sport a 400 Mhz
processor and 64+128 Mb of memory, and are wireless, so, I think that
there are some new possibilities.

I think you get my drift of what I'm trying to do.  Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Jonathan Mann