Re: Using InterpolateRoot Function in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41139] Re: [mg41127] Using InterpolateRoot Function in Mathematica
  • From: Bobby Treat <drmajorbob+MathGroup3528 at mailblocks.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 02:42:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

First, why write

f(L) = Integrate[sqrt(1+z^2) dx] - L0 (Integration limits are from 0 to
L)

if you mean

f[L_]:= Integrate[sqrt(1+z^2),{z,0,L}] - L0

??

This leaves me wondering if you entered that, or something else.  The
possible errors you MIGHT have made are endless, so it would really
help if you just showed us the statement you entered.

Secondly, what is L0?  Another unknown?  A parameter?

Bobby