Can I use Mathematica get the symbolic solution of PDEs without initial conditions?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41224] Can I use Mathematica get the symbolic solution of PDEs without initial conditions?
  • From: "Chun Hua Lan" <lan at zach.wustl.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:34:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I wonder that it is possible to get symbolic solution of a set of
partial differential equations without initial condition and without
boundary condition?   If it is possible, would you please tell me the
main command I had better use?  Of course, if you have some programs
related this, I will really appreciate that you can send to me.  I am
just a beginner.

Thank you very much

Lan