Need to calculate Nyquist frequency from data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41237] Need to calculate Nyquist frequency from data
  • From: Bob.Buchanan at millersville.edu (Bob Buchanan)
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 03:20:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I have a time series of real numbers which I can treat as representing
a signal. How do I estimate the Nyquist frequency from the time
series? If the previous question does not make sense, is it the case
that the Nyquist frequency can only be estimated if one has a
continuous function of time to work with?

Thanks,
Bob Buchanan