new user installation problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41423] new user installation problem
  • From: "Serge Bouwens" <serge at cistron.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:09:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

(First visit to this group)

On installation setup immediately fails with error code 2: cannot open
\...\_setup.exe. This is even before any normal installation box comes up.
Anybody has a clue?
- I think the error message comes from the system settings, not from
installation shield or so.
- copying to hard disk first doesn't help,
- The same CD-ROM installs perfect on my laptop.
- 200 Mhz pentium, windows 98, > 1 Gb free,

Serge