Re: Real-time rotations of 3-D plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41447] Re: Real-time rotations of 3-D plots
  • From: "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 03:25:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"John C. Erb, Ph.D." wrote

>1. Use Mathematica's Experimental RealTime3D
>2. Buy Dynamic Visualizer from Wolfram
>3. Get Jens Peer-Kuska's free 3D package MathGL3d

I would also add:

4. Get Martin Kraus' LiveGraphics3D and his amazing live.jar archive.
    It can be found, along with full documentation, at

http://wwwvis.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~kraus/LiveGraphics3D/index.html
    and can be called from within Mathematica, via J/Link.
    (but I _think_ it would not take too much to write a smal proc that
    creates a web page and launch the browser in a small window)
    I find the graphics produced better than those obtained via
    RealTime3D [1]
    (illumination, point size and the possibility to let them spin are the
    main reasons. Moreover, it can be used to produce interactive graphics.)
    It is also free for non commercial purposes, or at least it was so the
    last time I dropped by the site.

[1] To be fair, I must admit I did not have much time to experiment with
RealTime3D to see if there are ways to modify lighting, point-size and other
things.

cheers,
Peltio
invalid address in reply-to. Crafty demunging required to mail me.