Re: RE: Combinatorica / plot Graph Q

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41489] Re: [mg41468] RE: [mg41455] Combinatorica / plot Graph Q
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murraye at attbi.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 06:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I quite agree about the DiscreteMath`Combinatorica` documentation.  It's
especially frustrating when, after using "?" for information on one of
its functions and clicking on the  "More..." hyperlink , what one gets
as target is the very top of the DiscreteMath`Combinatorica` package
documentation rather than help on the specific function.

What may be of some use is my notebook Graphs.nb, downloadable from the
Files page at:

http://www.math.umass.edu/Courses/Math_455_Eisenberg/

That is documentation my Discrete Structures students have used.
Originally I prepared it to document Pemmaraju & Skiena's "New"
Combinatorica package before it became the Standard AddOn
DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`. (I updated it as necessary.)

P.S. Amazon.com is already accepting orders for Pemmaraju & Skiena's
"Computational Discrete Mathematics: Combinatorics and Graph Theory with
Mathematica" and is listing an August 3 shipping date.

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305