Re: Simple 3D plot of two points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41543] Re: Simple 3D plot of two points
  • From: Torben Winther Graversen <immtwg at erlang.gbar.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 05:46:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jong Choi <jxc91 at po.cwru.edu> wrote:
: Dear All,
: This is a simple problem but I don't know what function does it.

: I want to plot 2 points in the 3d space
: a={{1,0,2}};
: b={{10,3,3}};

Hi,

Check out the function ScatterPlot3D in the package
Graphics`Graphics3D`. Notice, that points in Mathematica
are given in a simple list:

a = {1,0,2};
b = {10,3,3};

Load the package and plot the points:

Needs["Graphics`Graphics3D`"]

ScatterPlot3D[{a,b}]

There are options to control the look of points
and whether to draw a line between them, see the
documentation.

http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/AddOns/
StandardPackages/Graphics/Graphics3D.html

Regards,

  Torben