Re: Decimal point in printed numbers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41595] Re: [mg41577] Decimal point in printed numbers
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 04:57:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It depends on how you generate your labels. I give you an example. Suppose
you want to place the following labels along the x axis in the graph of a 45
degree line:

In[1]:=
xlabs = Round[10*Table[j/3, {j, -9, 9, 2}]]/10.
Out[1]=
{-3.,-2.3,-1.7,-1.,-0.3,0.3,1.,1.7,2.3,3.}

In[2]:=
Plot[x, {x, -3, 3}, Ticks -> {xlabs, Automatic}];

Here the integral values do not show the decimal point, and the fractional
values appear in decimal form. However, if your method still produces
numbers in an inconvenient format, I suggest you convert them to strings and
then use the Ticks options to print them in the proper places.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City