Re: Antw: pdf-export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44287] Re: Antw: pdf-export
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 03:24:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 29/10/03, Joe Gwinn wrote:

>Because not all plots from Mathematica are destined for scientific
>documents.  I don't like Word either, but must live with it.
>
>So, someone please answer the question.

Well, it's not WYSIWYG but the following works for me. Select the
graphic in Mathematica and use

	Edit | Save Selection As... | EPS

to save as EPS. Then import the graphic into Word.

Personally, I still find the arguments about using Word unconvincing.
All my collaborators have access to Mathematica, which is a _much_
better tool for collaboration than Word (but most use TeX not Word or
Mathematica for their documents). Also, I use Mathematica Notebooks
for non scientific documents too. I try hard to avoid Word and will
use Acrobat or a web format instead.

Cheers,
Paul