Re: Just trying to import an image

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44632] Re: Just trying to import an image
  • From: Bob Harris <nitlion at mindspring.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 06:42:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Howdy,

Does anyone here have additional ideas on this?

Since it appears there will be no way to get mathematica to load a .gif
image on my system, what other options do I have to load in an image so I an
try doing some image processing on it?  I am capable of writing a simple C
program to convert the image into some other format.  For example, I could
convert it to a one-byte per pixel gray level image, with no other
information in the file.  If I did that, how might I load it into
mathematica.

I'm asking here because wolfram customer service won't help me.  I really
would like to do image processing with this package.  Please help me if you
can.

Bob H