Making Life easier for Dialog Boxes and Pallets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44645] Making Life easier for Dialog Boxes and Pallets
  • From: "Prince-Wright, Robert G SEPCO" <robert.prince-wright at shell.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:59:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Does anyone know if WRI or some other organization are developing a
utility that would allow click 'n' drag type actions to create dialog
boxes and palettes for Mathematica. The closest analogy I can think of
is FrontPage which does a pretty good job at creating HTML code for web
pages. It seems to me that WRI are unnecessarily making it hard for
people to create workplace applications that allow simple input and
output and in doing so they are loosing users like me who moved from
academia to industry. I have some great tools that I alone can use which
doesn't fit with the reality of a commercially oriented workplace!

Robert Prince-Wright
HSE Engineer
Shell Exploration & Production Company
One Shell Square, P. O. Box 61933, New Orleans, LA 70161-1933, United
States of America

Tel: +1 504 728 7720
Email: robert.prince-wright at shell.com
Internet: http://www.shell.com