Signal Processing Help please..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43755] Signal Processing Help please..
  • From: "Marcos G." <NoSpam at yyy.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 02:28:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi guys,
I am a new user of Mathematica 4.0 and I am trying to do some signal
analyzis when I get some weird errors with Mathematica.
Please, any help are welcome and I really appreciate it.
What I want to do is:

I have this PAM signal definition:

s(t) = Sum(ak p(t-kT),k=0,k=15)

{ak} is a binary sequence with k going from 0 to 15
ak = {0010011010111100}

And p(t) is a pulse:

            +------+
             |           |
             |           |
+-------+          +-------+
-1.5  -0.5   0   0.5      1.5  ---------------->

More details is attached in the notebook file.
[contact the author to get the attachmenet -moderator]

What I want to do is to get the Fourier Transform of the PAM signal
s(t).

The problem is that when I plot this fourier transform I am getting
always:

"is not a machine size real number...."  and the plots comes empty, just
with the axis.

For me it seems ok, but I can't understand why is complaining.

Thanks you all..

Marcos